Room 2

Room 2
Room 2 2015

Thursday 22 October 2015

Pet Day descriptions

Room 2 is currently learning how to write descriptions for their pets that they will be bringing along to our school Pet Day on Friday, 6th November.

Before we began writing our descriptions we looked closely at an example and discussed the different parts of it.  We then drew our plans and labeled our pictures.  Group one drew their pictures, but had more detailed expectations.  We have worked hard on our writing over the last two days and are very proud of what we have achieved.  Mrs Daly is really proud of us and couldn't wait to share our writing with you, so has decided to type a few in for you to enjoy.

LAMB

My lamb likes me.  She is Julie and she loves me.

She eats grass.

Julie has wool that's brown and she has four legs and a short tail.


By Angel.



MY PET

My lion is a stuffed toy, it's name is Bobby-Junior.  He has friends.

My lion has black eyes and whiskers on his black nose.  He has a fluffy tail, light brown fur and little 'c' shaped ears.

When I am nervous at night he sings to me.  I hug him in the night and day.  I like his friends Tony and Mike, and love Bobby-Junior.  Tony can steer for 5 minutes.

I love him and he likes me in the inside of him...(his heart).
By Te Karawhiu


MY LITTLE MOUSE

My little mouse is a boy.  He is hard to find in his cage.  His name is Bob.

I have 5 mice, they all have blue collars.  My mouse has whiskers that are white.  Bob has a long skinny tail.  He has soft grey fur and medium sized ears that are covered in grey hair.

My mouse likes his cheese.  Bob can roll around and he follows me.  Bob listens to me all the time.  The other four mice don't listen to me until I give them something to eat.

                                         Bob lives in a box.  My other mice live in a different box.

                                         By Rangimarie


MY PET

My pet is a duck, his name is Bob.

It has white feathers and an orange beak.

He is a home duck.  He quacks all the time when he's hungry, it's annoying.

By David.





PET DAY

I am going to bring my horse to Pet Day.

I like my horse.  He is brown.  He has long hair on his neck.  He has a short tail and four legs.

By Lennox.





BELLA, MY DOG

My dog Bella, is brown and black.  Also, she has black eyes.  She does have sharp teeth too.  My dog has four legs.

The tricks that she can do is jump and run, also she fetch's a stick.  She can catch flies.

Bella likes to eat red sausages.

By Brody.


MY STUFFED PET

I'm going to bring my stuffed monkey in to Pet Day and it's name is Chocolate.

She has got tall fur and she's fluffy and brown.

My stuffed monkey can hang off the tree with her tail and cuddles up to me.  I can make it squeak.

I love my monkey.

By Kayla

MY DOG, ELLA

My pet sings to me, I love my pet.  We had fun together and it is a dog.

My dog is called Ella and she is a girl and she is brown.  Ella has four legs and she has got little teeth.

Ella eats dog cookies.  She is friendly.

She can do tricks like when I tell her to eat, Ella eats.  Ella drinks water.

I love my dog.  Sometimes she's sad, that's how I feel.
By Te Taupuhi.


BORDER COLLIE

My dog is named Ava.  She is very playful, she can do tricks and she's also a border collie.

She is black and white and she is very fluffy.  I love Ava.

The tricks that Ava can do are...hand shakes and she can eat nicely.  She can do a very good trick, which is...when I hold a treat up high she will jump up and get it.

I love Ava.
By Zoe.


There are so many more great examples of writing that we would love to share...so please come in and read our draft writing books.





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to our blog!